Our Lead Pastor, Jeff Wilson, shares God's Word with insight and humor while dealing with the topics we all face everyday. You'll find his teaching style to be engaging and relevant as you listen and gain powerful tools to overcome the hurdles in your life. His passion and aim is that people will experience the life they were meant to live. He continues to follow the vision by further developing a church where everyone is welcome.
Pastor Jeff is a graduate of RHEMA Bible Institute, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is an ordained minister with licensing through RHEMA Association International and proud to be a RHEMA affiliated church. He resides in the Dayton area with his wife, Regina ("Reggie") and his son Ian is preparing for ministry at Highlands College in Alabama.
Founded in 1977 by Dr. C. Frederick Wilson and Katrina Wilson, Lifepointe Church has experienced over three decades of changed lives through Jesus. Pastor Jeff Wilson, their oldest son, became the Lead Pastor in 2007 and has continued the vision to lead believers to be devoted followers of Jesus. The vision continues to be fulfilled in the hearts of the people who worship with us.
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
The following "Statement of Faith" is intended to establish a general consistency of biblical truths and principles. No claim is made that this "Statement of Faith" contains all truth in the Bible.
1. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended into heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as our intercessor and soon coming King.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons. Namely the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God. It is the authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precepts. We believe in the harmony of Scripture, the whole Bible rightly divided, not emphasizing one portion of biblical truth above another.
4. In the salvation of man. That man was created in the image of God, but as a result of sin is lost and powerless to save himself. That the only hope for man is to believe on Jesus Christ who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sins of man and rose from the dead so that we can be redeemed by His blood and receive eternal life.
5. In sanctification. This is an act of separation from evil and dedication to God through a personal commitment to God's plan for living.
6. In water baptism by immersion. All who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit according to the command of the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. In the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This happens after salvation and is witnessed by the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance. We believe that the Gifts of the Spirit are available to believers today.
8. Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement. Healing is the privilege of all believers.
9. In Holy Communion (The Lord's Supper). Communion consists of the elements of bread and fruit of the vine, a symbol and memorial of the purpose of Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
10. In bodily resurrection. Jesus Christ was physically resurrected from the dead in a glorified body three days after His death on the cross. In addition, both the saved and the lost will be resurrected; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of eternal damnation.